NFL Saturday Recap
By Dan Rodgers
I just want to apologize to the Dallas Cowboys and their fans for the lack of faith I had in them. I do want to say I was thoroughly convinced that they can win in the playoffs now with that blow out win over division rival Philly. Not only did the Cowboys win, but they did so over a division foe for the third time this season. Beating a team three times in one season is extremely difficult to thing to accomplish.
AFC Wild-Card:
New York Jets (+2.5) 24 Cincinnati Bengals 14
My prediction: Jets 26 Bengals 17
I would say that I was fairly accurate in my prediction with this game. I said that Mark Sanchez was the difference and I was right. He completed 12 of 15 passes for 182 yards and a touchdown. More importantly, he did not turn the ball over, and he wasn't even close. Sanchez played smart football and handed the ball off like a pro. Thomas Jones had limited action due to injury, but they Jets didn't miss a beat because rookie Shonn Greene ran for 135 yards including a 39-yard touchdown. I also said the defense would have to control Benson, which they absolutely did not. I have to give Benson credit because he is the only one that showed up. He had a phenomenal game breaking the Bengals franchise post-season record for rushing yards in a single game. Carson Palmer was the lesser of the USC quarterbacks as he only completed 18 of 36 passes for 146 yards and a touchdown to ex-Jet Laverneous Coles and an interception to Darrelle Revis.
Simply, the Jets outplayed the Bengals (again) in every aspect of the game. Look for an interesting matchup next week against either the Colts or Chargers.
NFC Wild-Card
Philadelphia Eagles (+4) 14 Dallas Cowboys 34
My prediction: Eagles 30 Cowboys 23
Basically, I expected the Eagles to show up. Plain and simple, they didn't. The Cowboys dominated the entire game on both sides of the ball. Tony Romo looked as good as he's ever looked and even Roy Williams contributed. The Cowboys won their first playoff game since 1996 and have been on fire of recent. They really proved that tonight with their domination over a division rival for the second time in as many weeks. I was correct with a 40-plus yard touchdown but it was to Jeremy Maclin and not DeSean Jackson. Jackson did catch a meaningless three yard touchdown. On a note for next week's games, I love the Cowboys to upset the reeling Vikings. Minnesota has been inconsistent of recent, especially the play of Brett Favre, who thankfully didn't win MVP this year.
Look out later for Sunday's predictions.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment