Saturday, January 16, 2010

Division Saturday Preview

By Dan Rodgers

House sitting with the girlfriend. I was in Delaware so this preview is going to be a bit late. This is going to be an excellent Saturday full of football. First off, we should have an offensive explosion.

Cardinals (+7) at Saints

The Arizona Cardinals head to the Big Easy to take on the Saints. This should be over a 70 point-plus game. Look for the Saints to shock everyone and put up a ton of points even though many "experts" expected them to be out of sync due to losing their last three games and having the bye week. I look for them to barely reach the 40's while the Cardinals will be close behind in the high 30's. The defenses in this game will once again get embarrassed, but the Saints will get the last laugh because they'll put up more points. Kurt Warner might have played his last playoff game and who knows what that will mean for Fitzgerald and Boldin. Also, look for both rushing attacks to be utilized because of the hype in the passing game.

My prediction: Cardinals (+7) 38 Saints 44

Ravens (+6.5) at Colts

I love, beyond recognition, the Ravens to AT LEAST cover the spread in this game. I will not make any promises but don't act surprised if the Ravens pull this one out. The Colts will probably focus in on stopping Ray Rice so Joe Flacco will probably have to do better than the 35 passing yards he had last week. I expect the Ravens defense to have a similar repeat performance of what they did last time to the Colts when they held them to only 17 points. I expect the Ravens to at least punch it into the end zone once, but if they get down to the goalline and they don't give it to McClain I will go crazy. Look for a couple turnovers but Peyton won't go down without a fight.

Ravens (+6.5) 26 Colts 20

If I were a betting man (laughs), I would take the over in the Saints/Cards game and Baltimore to cover the spread.

See you tomorrow.

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008