Sunday, January 17, 2010

Looking back: NFL Saturday

By Dan Rodgers

Divisional Round - Saturday

Baltimore Ravens (+6.5) 3 Indianapolis Colts 20

My prediction: Ravens 26 Colts 20

I predicted the Colts score on the money, but the Ravens decided to end their season and I wasn't expecting it. I want to apologize to everyone about that the Ravens' decision to lay down against a rival in a playoff game. I assumed that they would show up like the did last week and at least put up a fight. BUT, you all know what assuming does, it makes an ASS out of U and ME. The Colts didn't play well, but they forced a few mistakes and watched the Ravens shoot themselves in the foot...over and over again. I don't want to hear about penalties and complaints about the refs because nothing would have changed the Ravens playing so terrible. Talk about a recent sophomore slump, Flacco looked pretty good early on this season but his "injuries" have just completely thrown off his game. Better luck next year.

Arizona Cardinals (+7) 14 New Orleans 45

My prediction: Cardinals 38 Saints 44

So, I was kind of spot on in the Saints/Cards game, but I figured the Cardinals wouldn't suck like they did and at least put up half the points they did against Green Bay. However, they laid a second half egg and were held to only fourteen points. I was pretty on target in predicting the Saints score and the over was money. The Saints kept the game exciting putting up 45 points including a few electrifying plays from Reggie Bush. The Cardinals gave up a remarkable 45 points in consecutive weeks. The more impressive thing is that they won one of those games. The Saints will roll in the NFC Championship and will face Dallas or Minnesota. This is the first time that New Orleans has hosted the big game so they will be pumped and that dome will be rocking.

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008