Championship Sunday *Quickie
By Dan Rodgers
Hey all, I'm 20 years old now and I don't feel any different, oh what a surprise. I will be in Tennessee this weekend for a Bar Mitzvah so I am not sure if I will be back in time to write before the games.
NFC
Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints (-3.5)
The Saints offense proved last week that they didn't miss a beat after benching their starters and having a bye week. Even though Arizona's defense has been dreadful, you have to execute against bad defenses before you can do so against the good ones. Minnesota's defense was as good as can be against Dallas last week but I think Drew Brees can find any holes that might be in the defense. The Vikes have been stopping the run fairly easily so I see Brees throwing at least 45 times including an attempt to utilize Reggie Bush's unique ability in space by throwing some screen passes. Due to the Brett Favre factor the game will be close, but I do like the Saints to cover the spread in a game that might look closer than it is.
My prediction: Saints (-3.5) 27 Vikings 23
AFC
New York Jets (+8) @ Indianapolis Colts
The Jets have been hot as hell and with San Diego/Dallas out of the mix, they look to be the hottest team. The Colts looked mediocre last week against Baltimore, but came away with a win due to the ineffectiveness of the entire Ravens team. I look for the Jets to run the heck out of the ball not only to move it down the field but also to keep Peyton on the sideline. They should have a good day since Indy isn't to good at stopping the run, but might be in trouble if they have to throw. Sanchez has been playing well but the Colts have filled in their injury-shaken secondary nicely. Look for the Jets to cover the spread and the Colts to get demolished in the time-of-possession statistic. Shonn Greene and Thomas Jones should both surpas 75 yards while Peyton will throw a touchdown or two.
My prediction: Jets (+8) 16 Colts 20
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment