NFL Sunday Recap
By Dan Rodgers
I was a bit closer on with these predictions, but I seem to be struggling with my NFC picks and my AFC picks are right on. Hopefully this will improve.
AFC Wild-Card:
Baltimore Ravens (+3.5) 34 New England Patriots 23
My prediction: Ravens 33 Patriots 14
I was right on with the Ravens on this prediction but apparently I gave the Pats a little too much credit. They actually would have had 34 points, but they went for a two-point conversation to go up 21 points. Ray Rice had 159 yards and two touchdowns. Tom Brady was responsible for two touchdown passes, three interceptions and a lost fumble. The Ravens completely dominated the game from the start jumping out to a 24 to nothing first quarter lead. Ray Rice set the pace early with an 83-yard run on the first play from scrimmage. The Pats didn't even stand a chance once the Ravens scored again off a Brady fumble.
NFC Wild-Card:
Green Bay Packers (PK) 45 at Arizona Cardinals 51
My prediction: Packers 37 Cardinals 27
I couldn't have been more far off on this one, but it was crazy game to watch. The game set the NFL record for the highest scoring post-season game in history. The Packers came back from a 31-10 third quarter deficit to tie the game at 45 with under two minutes left. Kurt Warner drove the Cards down the field and with 16 seconds left they lined up for a "chip-shot" field goal. Rackers pulled it wide left and Aaron Rodgers knelt down to send the game to OT. The Packers won the toss and on third down and 10 to go, I saw a crazy play. Rodgers was sacked and had the ball knocked out of his hand, but as it was headed to the turf Rodgers was taken off of his feet and kicked the ball back into the air. Karlos Dansby caught the ball in mid-air and ran it in for the game winning touchdown. Just absolutely deflating to me because I was definitely rooting for my bro A-Rodge. Better luck next year. Good luck in New Orleans Kurt and the Cards.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment