January Football
By Dan Rodgers
My sincerest apologies. It has been quite a while since I've posted, but by now you must be up to date with the NFL playoff situation.
Today the Jets travel to Cincinnati to take on the Bengals. Later the Eagles take a trip to Dallas to battle their division rival. Both games are rematches of week 17. The Jets beat the Bengals and the Cowboys beat the Eagles. Both games were shut outs.
Many people figure Wild-Card Weekend to be a different story in both games. The "experts" seem to think that Cincinnati laid down for New York and that the Jets showed every trick in their book and that the Bengals will be ready. It is also tough to think that the Cowboys can beat the Eagles three times in one season. However, if you remember back to last season, the Steelers reached the Super Bowl by beating the Ravens for a third time in the AFC Championship.
Personally, I believe that if the Jets can stop Cedric Benson they should be able to keep the Bengals in check. However, Mark Sanchez proves to be the wild card pick every week. If he doesn't turn the ball over the Jets are 5-2 when Sanchez doesn't turn the ball over, both of those losses were to Miami and by a combined total of eight points. So if Sanchez can protect the ball and the defense can stop the run, I believe the Jets have a realistic chance to win.
Jets (+2.5) 26 Bengals 17
The Eagles go to Dallas with the hopes of developing some sort of momentum. They've lost the last two to the Cowboys and face them for a third time tonight. I think the Eagles will come out strong because they were shut out last week in Dallas. It is also unbelievably difficult to beat a division rival three times in one season. I like the Eagles to not only cover the spread in this game by also win the game out right. The defense will be ready and their offense will finds way to strike deep. Look for a 40-plus yard touchdown from DeSean Jackson.
Eagles (+4) 30 Cowboys 24
Look back tomorrow because I will have a blurb on the Sunday games.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment