Sunday, October 9, 2011

NFL: Let's Vent

By Dan Rodgers

Are the New York Giants serious? Eli Manning throws three interception and the team fumbles three times, losing two of them.

They were playing the Seattle Seahawks. Let us review this. Don't even try to tell me the interception in the red zone wasn't Manning's fault. He led Victor Cruz way too much and Cruz was forced to reach out for the ball. There was still over a minute left and they were inside the 10; there was no reason to not run the ball.

Regardless, New York should have killed them because the Seahawks are terrible away from home; not to mention they had to travel to the east coast for an early game! This had all the makings for the Giants to kill them and of course, they suck. Seattle has gotten killed on the road and had five sacks in four games, but today they had three on Manning.

I should have been smarter and realized that 10 people, including myself, picked the Giants for survivor and I should have stayed away. I admit, I was probably a bit lazy and picked New York because they were the blatantly obvious choice, but the thing with me is that I'm smarter than that. Usually. Today I wasn't and it cost me big time. I hate the Giants now...

On to the Jaguars... This game went relatively how I expected. The Jags scored more than I thought, but when it came down to it, I was still in perfect position to win. Blane Gabbert fumbled while driving for a potential win (they were at midfield), and Cincy tried to run the ball out but turned it over on downs with like 10 seconds left. The Jags completed a pass and did the whole b.s. lateral thing to try to make something happened, and someone on the Bengals picked up the loose ball and ran it in for a TD. You should be able to guess why I'm upset that the total score went from 43 points to 50.

Lastly, I should have been smarter with the Houston game. They beat Pittsburgh last week which was huge for them and they are playing an Oakland team that is pissed about under-performing at home against New England and is emotional about the passing of Al Davis.

Early games: 4-4 ATS 5-3 SU

UGH.

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008