NFL Week 3 Picks and more
By Dan Rodgers
I know you're disappointed that I'm not doing a video again this week. However, you should have been happy that last week I was 10-6 ATS and 13-3 SU.
I'm starting to get into a groove and you don't want to fall behind, but before I get too cocky/confident, this week has a ton of close games that could go either way. Fortunately, I feel pretty solid about the games.
SF/Cin 2.5 Weird spread...have to go with Cincy
NE 7/Buf NE SU, wouldn't be surprised by Buffalo
Hou/NO 4 Houston isn't quite ready to battle with the big boys
NYG/Phi 8.5 Division games are tough, Eagles SU
Mia/Cle 2 Miami SU
Den/Ten 7 Will CJ2K ever get going? SURVIVOR PICK (2-0)
Det 3/Min Lions 3-0?
Jax/Car 3 Newton gets his first win
KC/SD 14 Hate this game, Gates is out...SD SU
NYJ 3/Oak Letdown game for Jets...stay away
Bal 4/Stl Ravens rebound strong
Atl/TB 1.5 Matty Ice melts in the Florida sun
Ari 3.5/Sea Seattle SU, 12th man
GB 4/Chi SB Champs
Pit 10.5/Ind Colts suck for Luck
Week 1: 7-9 ATS 10-6 SU
Week 2: 10-6 ATS 13-3 SU - Expect this kind of success throughout the season. I know what I'm doing and it will show. Everyone has rough weeks, but winners come out on top in the end.
OK, this is an interesting week. You have three spreads over a touchdown and six that are three points or less. Usually, I like to take the underdog in massive spreads because it's so difficult to cover. However, in the Steelers case, they showed that they are actually good last week by shutting out Seattle and the Colts are just terrible. So, I feel comfortable with Pittsburgh.
However, for the Eagles and Chargers, both games are against divisional opponents and anything can happen in division games. KC has lost by over 30 points in consecutive weeks, but you can bet your ass they will get up for this one. The Chargers lost to New England last week and you know they wanted that game. They will also be without Antonio Gates.
Remember: Survivor picks are only straight up... I know Tennessee kind of breaks the rule of picking a bad team, but they played well against Baltimore so they should take care of business against a terrible Denver squad. Hopefully, CJ2K will finally get going and look for the Titans defense to force the Broncos to be one-dimensional.
The two spreads I love the most:
Steelers -10.5: The Steelers proved the Ravens game was a fluke and they can still play. Indy is terrible without Peyton: He is to the Colts as LeBron James was to the Cavs...
Ravens -4: This spread is so wrong. Baltimore was terrible last week, so everyone is thinking they aren't that good. Well, they weren't as good as everyone thought after the Steelers game. For some reason, even though the Rams couldn't score touchdowns against the Giants injured defense, people think the Rams can score on the Ravens? No. Ravens by two touchdowns.
Week 3 bold prediction: The NFC North and AFC East will be the only divisions with undefeated teams and both will have two.
Lastly, I only went 3-3-1 in fantasy this past week. Fortunately, two of the losses were in free leagues and the other loss was to the guy who scored the most points last week. And yes, I did tie last week: 126.52-126.52 I couldn't believe it. The only guy I had left was Mike Sims-Walker and I was down 9.2 points. He had 92 receiving yards (not a PPR league). He made a garbage catch but there was holding on the play. I'm experiencing pretty decent success and I'm not 0-2 in any league that matters.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment