NFL Week 3: Steelers suck
By Dan Rodgers
This will be a short post because I really just need to update the Dallas/Washington line.
Dallas has opened at -4, but I've found it interesting that the line has already moved to Dallas -2.5 and I won't pick the game until tomorrow night. The spread is freaking me out and I want to see how the public reacts to everyone betting the Skins this hard. I'll update this post later with my thoughts on the game...if I have any.
UPDATE: I've decided I like the Skins tonight. I've been reading up on some things and I think they will stay competitive enough to cover the four points. Dallas has enough injuries that Washington should be able to at least keep it close. Also, a fun fact is that the road team has covered in six of the previous seven meetings. Make sure you root for Tim Hightower so I can lock it up in fantasy this week.
As for the Pittsburgh Steelers... they can go to hell. They come out firing and they look phenomenal in the first quarter, and then they just suck the rest of the game. I don't understand if an 85-yard bomb to Mike Wallace worked once, it should work again. Also, how do you not change your protection scheme when Freeney and Mathis are feasting on your offensive line? Big Ben is partly at fault, but Tomlin needed to put extra tight ends or something to help block. The Colts get rocked week one by Houston and couldn't keep up with Cleveland, but the Steelers allow them to drive right down the field on them for the tie?
Anyway, the Steelers are overrated and I will not fall for that one again. The Ravens performed as expected. Tennessee didn't cover, but they won so I'm still alive. It was a crazy week because Detroit, Tennessee, Carolina, San Diego and Pittsburgh all played close games and were choices in survivor. Only three of 21 people were eliminated this week: New England (road and divisional), Arizona (road) and a guy who didn't pick.
Next week, an early look-ahead: the only two games I'm even considering are Chicago at home against Carolina and Green Bay at home against Denver.
Be back with more on the MNF game later. CHECK UP TOP.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment