NFL Week 2: Picks but No Video
By Dan Rodgers
So, there is no video this week because I didn't get one done before Friday and now I'm in Jersey. My girlfriend and I drove to my sister's place in Lancaster yesterday and came to Jersey today for my cousin's engagement party. Thankfully, the Jets are home this week and a bunch of us are going to the game. I'm going to try to get a video of the inside of the stadium.
Below are my picks, just like last week: The bold team is my pick and the favored team has the number (spread) next to them.
Chi/NO 6.5 Saints straight up
KC/Det 8.5
Jax/NYJ 9
Ari/Was 4
Bal 7/Ten
Sea/Pit 14.5 SURVIVOR PICK* (1-0)
GB 11.5/Car
TB/Min 3 Bucs SU as well
Cle 2/Ind
Oak/Buf 3.5
Dal 4/SF 49ers SU as well
Cin/Den 3.5 Don't touch
SD/NE 7 Pats SU
Hou 3.5/Mia
Phi 2.5/Atl Don't touch
Stl/NYG 6
Week 1: 7-9 ATS 10-6 SU, Last week was rough because it was the first week after a lockout shortened offseason. I think around .500 is decent enough.
Games with notes next to them mean I wouldn't touch the game or I picked the underdog to cover so I'm specifying if I also like them to win (straight up/SU) as well.
I'm going to start giving explanations on the Jets games because I try to not let fanhood get in the way. This week it's simple, I think they'll score like they did last week but give up less because the Jags offense isn't as good as Dallas'.
*Keep in mind survivor pick is strictly who will win the game, no spreads involved:
Pittsburgh was an easy survivor pick because of last week. They were absolutely embarrassed by the Ravens and there won't be a game they are more prepared for than this one. If they lose this week they should just forfeit the season. The 49ers crushed them last week and if they couldn't move the ball against San Fran, they definitely won't be able to against Pittsburgh. Other considerations were the Jets (but I'm trying to not pick them) and the Lions (I want to know if they are for real).
I like to use most of the advice from WalterFootball, who recommends that you do a few things while picking your survivor team:
- Never take a road team (That's why I'm not considering Packers/Ravens this week)
- Never take a team in a divisional game
- Never take a bad team
- Never choose an underdog (as determined by the spread)
Three potentials: 49ers (+4), Chargers (+7), Rams (+6)
Week 2 Bold Prediction: Three (6 total) teams in the AFC East and NFC North will be 2-0
Last but not least, I went 5-2 in my seven fantasy leagues. One I lost, it's a B.S. one that I didn't attend draft and it's only for fun and the other is because the dumb experts told me to start Deangelo Williams over Ben Tate. I lost by 8 points, and Tate had 11 more points than Williams. But, I'm not here to make excuses, business will be taken care of this week.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment