Tourney Time
By Dan Rodgers
I want to wish a Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone. I hope you enjoy it, as well as day one of the NCAA tournament.
The last time I tried to post my bracket it didn't work, but I'll keep trying to get it up here.
I have an all one-seed Final Four...which I am not happy about at all. I think the selection crew might have done something right because all four one seeds look to be the best in their respective region. I have Ohio State beating Kansas in the finals.
I want to mix it up but I just can't do it. Pittsburgh is the weakest one seed but they're in the easiest region. BYU and Florida both got overrated in the seeds, and Kansas State and Wisconsin just aren't that good.
Ohio State looks to be the best team in the tournament so they should make it even though they have a tougher bracket with Syracuse, UNC and Kentucky. Kansas is similar to Pittsburgh, in fact, the entire right side of the bracket is just cake. Notre Dame is good but not that good, and the same goes for Purdue and Louisville. Kansas is just clearly the best team.
Duke's situation is interesting because their two seed, San Diego State, might not be that strong but they also have Texas and UConn in their region. Still, I like Duke to emerge now that Kyrie Irving is supposed to play at some point.
I am trying to find the upset, but this year it seems to be tougher than past years. My two biggest upets, call me crazy, are Penn State and Michigan State both making the Sweet Sixteen. Penn State plays great defense and doesn't turn the ball over. They have Temple in the first round and then most likely San Diego State in the second round.
Michigan State has so much talent and such a phenomenal coach that gets the best from his players come March. I think if Izzo's boys can get past UCLA, they will give two-seed Florida a run for their money (assuming Florida beats UCSB).
Besides that, I have only first round upsets, like Gonzaga, Mizzouri, Marquette and all nine seeds except ODU. I am having a tough time with the Georgetown/VCU game. I didn't expect VCU to dominate USC like they did, and Georgetown's Chris Wright is coming back from injury.
Pitt is the only one seed to play today, but there are 15 other games going on starting with Clemson and West Virginia in an hour. Enjoy the madness, and have a good St. Patty's Day...if you're old enough.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment