ESPN Streak for the Cash
By Dan Rodgers
I am sitting at the computer in the house for the people I am dog-sitting for and I feel like you loyal readers deserve a just-for-fun post. (They should all be fun but whatevs)
Myself, my roommate, his little brother and a friend of the brother all compete in a contest that ESPN has called Streak for the Cash. It's a game under the fantasy and games section on the website. The object of the game is to have the longest streak of consecutive games picked correct. The person with the longest streak wins $50K and you win a bonus amount if you reach the mark chosen by the "Streak Master." (W27 [Win 27] for February for example)
ESPN puts up a ton of different choices, mainly just a game and pick the winner of the game. The sports include but aren't limited to: baseball, football, soccer, hockey, basketball, racing, boxing, UFC, tennis, lacrosse and golf. They usually put up really close matchups or games where they think an upset is in the making. They also put up over/unders, horse and NASCAR races, and which player will score more points among tons of other creative things. It's a fun way to get into sports and make typically meaningless games interesting.
For example, the late (11:05 p.m.) pick for tonight was who is going to win straight up between the Montana Grizzlies @ Long Beach State 49ers. The spread was Long Beach St. -5.5, meaning the 49ers were favored to win by 5.5 points. That is above average in terms of a spread in the game when all you have to do is pick the winner. I took advantage and took the 49ers and they are up 14 points with five minutes to go in the game. What looks to be an easy victory...
I'll post more on ESPN SFTC later, including tips on picking and how I'm doing.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment