Monday, February 21, 2011

Big Apple 'Melo-ing out

By Dan Rodgers

Of course the day I decide to write a tidbit about the trade is the day that the trade finally get done.

Carmelo Anthony has reportedly been traded to the New York Knicks, according to the Denver Post. Apparently, the trade involves Anthony and at least two other Nuggets, four Knicks, draft picks and cash.

WOW...I'll write more when I know what players were involved...

UPDATE:

Knicks Get:

  • SF: Carmelo Anthony
  • PG: Chauncey Billups
  • G: Anthony Carter
  • G/F: Sheldon Williams
  • F: Renaldo Balkman (former-Knick)
Knicks C Eddy Curry and PF Anthony Randolph are reportedly going to be traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Nuggets Get:
  • F: Danilo Gallinari
  • F: Wilson Chandler
  • PG: Raymond Felton
  • C: Timofey Mozgov
  • Knicks 1st-round pick 2014
  • Warriors 2nd-round pick 2012 & 2013
  • $3 million cash
This is an awkward trade for the Knicks. They gave up a ton of depth to get Anthony and if Billups retires they will have to start Toney Douglas. Douglas has looked good at times but I don't know if he's ready to start.

The Knicks are now forced to either play a very small lineup with Amar'e Stoudemire at center or start Ronny Turiaf or another bench player there. They'll probably do the latter of the two options.

I can't wait until Sunday Feb. 27, 2011 when the Knicks play the Heat. That will be a great game and early test for the Melo/Amar'e combo.

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008