Wednesday, February 23, 2011

CBS Radio Internship Day 4 (Yesterday)

By Dan Rodgers

I forgot to post yesterday so here it is. I woke up extra early for work because it snowed out and I wanted to see if my car would survive. Well, she did and I made my way into work...to the surprise of my supervisor, Stacey Brown. I walked into the studio that I work in and the Norris and Davis Show was ending. Stacey sounded so surprised when she announced that "even the intern came in today."

A bunch of board operators and on-air talents among other people didn't show up because of the weather...but I did.

Besides that, it was a typical day of screening calls and editing the audio from guests. However, Stacey trusted me enough to post the podcasts online without her watching over me. That was pretty cool.

One really funny thing was that a bunch of kids kept calling into the station and I was told not to put anyone on the air that is under 18. The kids recognized that and started changing their names and ages. They even started making up occupations to make it sound more official (they said they worked at McDonalds). I wasn't fooled. Everyone thought it was hysterical and it was funny, but kind of annoying because those kids were relentless in their calls.

Hopefully they won't call in on Thursday.

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008