Were you a fool?
By Dan Rodgers
So I was at my buddies place watching the Chicago game thinking to myself, "Oh my gosh! What are all my readers going to do without my insightful posts regarding the NFL Playoffs?"
Well, all I can say is that I hope you weren't one of the suckers that fell into the Seattle trap. They faced another double digit spread, but this one wasn't the same as the last. Chicago has a much worse offense, but a defense that is world's better than the Saints. If you are a good decision maker, you wouldn't have bet on the game; HOWEVER, if you are an intelligent sports bettor then you would have placed a decent sized bet on the Bears to beat the crap out of the Seahawks.
Sure, it's easy for my to say this now you might think. I did pick the Bears in my personal NFL pool, and I would have "best bet" them if I wasn't more confident in the Pack (which I was).
The guy who is in first place (shocked it's not me?), thinks he is the man but this was an easy pick. He was riding the Seahawks until they didn't cover instead of taking a halfway decent look at the game. Seattle is just a downright bad team and last week was an absolute fluke. You might say, "Chicago is inconsistent, Cutler sucks a lot and QB's in their first playoff game in the last eight or so years are like 5-19."
WELL, I combat that by saying, Seattle is terrible. They are playing in freezing temperatures and the Bears are used to that. They are playing a good defense, something the Saints definitely didn't have. Seattle threw the kitchen sink at New Orleans because everyone was writing them off, but team's like Seattle can't continue to pull that out because they aren't good.
Whatever, Seattle sucks, Chicago will lose to Green Bay next week and the Pack will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl like I predicted in the preseason. Gosh it feels good to be right...
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment