Things to consider
By Dan Rodgers
Clearly I forgot that the Ravens suck in the second half and that a two touchdown lead at half-time means nothing. They are without a doubt consistently the worst second half team in the NFL on both sides of the ball.
The offense can't move the ball and the defense can't stop anyone as soon as it reads 3Q on the scoreboard. There have been numerous occasions, not including today's game against Pittsburgh, that the Ravens have blown a huge lead in the second half (note Texans game). Fortunately for them, they came out on top during the regular season, but that doesn't happen in January.
The Steelers didn't lose an ounce of confidence at half-time and came roaring back in the third quarter. They forced three turnovers and scored two touchdowns to tie the game. There was a botched snap (Flacco's fault), a Ray Rice fumble (he got popped), and a terrible throw that was intercepted (Flacco's fault).
The worst of it came on the Steelers last drive. The game was tied at 24-24, and on a third down and 10 they did a quick slant to Hines Ward for 11 yards and first down. Then, on THIRD AND NINETEEN, they completed a 58 bomb to ANTONIO BROWN. He is a rookie and only had 16 catches the entire season. Terrible...I don't even know what else to say.
I would rather the Jets lose 45-3 again then lose like that...
Now on to the good stuff. The Packers destroyed the Falcons. I apparently gave the Falcons way too much credit. I figured the amazing Matty Ice, who is 20-2 career at home, would put up a better fight than 48-21.
Aaron Rodgers came out to prove something today and he most certainly did to me. The kid threw for 366 yards and three touchdowns, and he ran another one in. He displayed phenomenal arm strength and excellent mobility. He is definitely one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL and has an extremely bright present and future. Behind Peyton Manning, Rodgers is without a doubt the QB I want to lead my team.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment