Is football the new soccer?
By Dan Rodgers
After watching tons of hours of numerous games in the NFL through three weeks, I am getting frustrated with the officials. I guess it isn't completely the officials fault because they are just enforcing the idiotic rules that the NFL is creating.
It is becoming so ridiculous that any contact is a penalty, for example:
- A defensive back can't make any sort of real contact with the receiver outside of five yards past the line of scrimmage.
- It is up to the officials discretion on whether the defensive player intentionally went too low to tackle the quarterback.
- The defense can't hit the quarterback above the head, regardless of whether or not it is helmet-to-helmet.
- Any helmet-to-helmet contact is an immediate 15-yard penalty (I agree with to an extent).
- No player can be jacked up unexpectedly, primarily receivers, or it is a personal foul. Basically, this takes away Steelers WR Hines Ward great blocks which a lot of people think are dirty plays, but they are just good blocks.
I'll probably be writing more about this later in the season when I watch more games. I just get frustrated with all of the stupid things that players get penalized for. I feel like everytime a player goes down without the ball they get up motioning for a flag to be thrown.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment