Sunday, October 3, 2010

NFL Week 4: Games to watch

By Dan Rodgers

Another Sunday has graced us, and I'm pumped. The Jets face the Bills today and if all is right in the football world, they will be 3-1 at days end.

I want to wish everyone a Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Everything goes pink in the NFL and I love it. My Jets hat is the sideline one from last year with the pink brim. I think it's great that the NFL participates and sells the gear.

Well, here are my three games to watch this week, so far this year I'm 6-3.

Game 1

Ravens at Steelers - Pittsburgh looks to improve to 4-0 without star quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. That would be extremely impressive for a Pittsburgh team that seemed to struggle mightily at times last year. It has been an interesting start for both teams, the Ravens were able to squeak out a win against a Jets team that only beat themselves. They looked awful against the Bengals and only beat the Browns by a touchdown. The Steelers defense has looked phenomenal and their offense had a breakout game last week against Tampa Bay. I think Pitt's defense will give Flacco trouble, just like Cincy did, and that is going to lead to a few turnovers for Bmore. The Steelers remarkable run will continue at home against a team that hasn't beat them at Heinz field since the Harbaugh-Flacco combo started.

My Prediction: Steelers (-1) 23 Ravens 16


Game 2

Redskins at Eagles - You might be curious why this game is on here. One reason: Donovan McNabb. He is once again playing at Lincoln Financial Field, but for the other team and that makes for great headlines. Typically when a star player returns to play his former team, he beats them. This is going to be a different story, the Redskins aren't playing good football and they just aren't good in general. Vick is playing out of his mind and the Eagles just seem to be rolling on all cylinders on offense. The Skins will probably look to control the ball and run a lot more than they have. I don't think Washington has enough talent to compete with an Eagles team that seems to be clicking. Look for DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin to have big games for the Iggles.

My Prediction: Eagles (-5.5) 27 Redskins 17


Game 3

Pats at Fins - As a Jets fan, this is an interesting game. I think I've decided I would rather New England win (if a tie doesn't happen), because I feel like Miami could be more dangerous if they stick around. So putting them at 2-2 and 1-2 in the division would be a pretty solid hole. Everyone knows what the Pats are made of, and I think they are going to make the playoffs anyway. The Pats are extremely one-dimensional, much like the Colts, but they are so good at that dimension that it doesn't matter. Look for Chad Henne to try and duplicate a Mark Sanchez performance in week two, and Tom Brady will also try to duplicate Sanchez's week three performance. So basically, in the crazy world we live in, everyone is trying to be like QB Nacho Taco.

My Prediction: Patriots (-1) 27 Dolphins 23

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008