Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wow, it's Sunday

By Dan Rodgers

Wow, I can't believe it is Sunday already. I'm sorry for letting this week slip by without a post. I obviously have been a bit out of it and had a rough night of work last night. I forgot to do the games to watch, so I am going to take care of that right now with the late games.


Game 1

Colts at Broncos - This isn't that good of a game because I think the Colts are going to come out, still upset over losing to Houston in week one, and just unload on Denver. Manning showed that the Colts hadn't lost a step by destroying his brother last week. Denver looked great last week killing Seattle. However, they are going against the cream of the crop in the AFC. If Denver wants to show they can compete with the best they will keep it within a touchdown, but I don't even think that will happen. Look for Addai/Brown to rush for over 100 yards combined and Manning to throw for over 300 yards.

My Prediction: Colts (-5.5) 34 Broncos 20

Game 2

Jets at Dolphins - This is a huge game for both teams. It is the Sunday night game and both teams are looking to make a statement. The Jets defense has looked phenomenal and looks to shut down the Dolphins dynamic running game, as well as big-play receiver Brandon Marshall. The Phins passing game hasn't amounted to much this year, but they will look to take advantage of a Jets defense that is without Calvin Pace, Kris Jenkins and Darrelle Revis. Mark Sanchez looks to follow up a strong effort against the Pats, against a Miami defense that has allowed an average of 10 points per game. This should be a smashmouth game; look for some blood.

My Prediction: Jets (+2.5) 20 Dolphins 13

Game 3

Packers at Bears - This is without a doubt the game of the week. Chicago's offense has been on fire with new offensive coordinator Mike Martz. Jay Cutler looks like he did when he made the pro bowl back in Denver. However, they are going up against the Packers. Green Bay has one of the best offenses in the NFL with Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings being the main combo for them. They have a lot of talent on defense, but typically don't shut out their opponents so Chicago will be able to put up points. This should be a fairly high-scoring affair and it could come down to last possession.

My Prediction: Packers (-3) 31 Bears 27

Enjoy the late games, I'll be back later with a fantasy update.

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008