Tied at two, the pressure builds
By Dan Rodgers
Today I worked outside, in the 90+ degree heat...and the NBA Finals are on tonight? It has never made sense to me why basketball is still being played in the summer, but I don't make the rules.
The Lakers and Celtics have alternated wins so far this series, L.A. winning games one and three and Boston taking two and four. The series stays in Boston for game five (currently in progress: L.A. - 22 Boston - 30 Q2), and then heads back to Los Angeles for the final two games.
This has been a fairly heated series between the NBA's two most historic franchises; however, the smallest margin of victory for either team has been seven. That is definitely surprising if you ask me. Many people thought the series was definitely in Boston's favor once they took a game in L.A., but the Lakers answered right back winning the first game in Boston.
I think game five is a must win for Boston because even though they already won one game in L.A. I don't think they can.
*Ron Artest just kind of hard foul on KG. Rondo nudged Artest who then flopped onto the ground to draw a technical foul. Smart play by Artest even though he looked stupid flopping. The announcers said it best, "That's a 112-pound guy (Rondo) putting his hand on a 280-pound guy (Artest)...he couldn't even pick him up if he tried!"
You've got to love that. L.A. battled back to take a one point lead, but then Pierce hit a three followed by a tip in by Gasol (he was fighting for a board and tipped it in for Boston) to give the Celtics a 41-37 lead with 2:42 left in the second.
This is just a quick shoutout to my boys from the U.S.A. who are fighting in South Africa in the FIFA World Cup. I'm not a soccer fan by any means, but I will always root for the the U.S. no matter the "sport".
World Cup: U.S.A. vs. Slovenia Friday 9:30 am
NBA Finals: Boston @ L.A. Tuesday 9:00 pm
**Game seven: Boston @ L.A. Thursday Thursday 9:00 pm
**If necessary
Game five update: Celtics 45 Lakers 39 HALF
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment