Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kobe politely declines a game six loss

By Dan Rodgers

I wish I would have gotten this post out before the game started, so you could have heard me say that I would bet my house on the Lakers to cover the 6.5 spread... if I were a betting man that is.

If it's any consolation I talked to my friends about it?

Regardless, I'm pretty sure the whole world knew the Lakers wouldn't lay down in game six at home. Kobe put on a very impressive first half performance, but he got a ton of help from his teammates.

Kobe - 6/12 FG 15 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals

Artest - 4/8 FG 10 points, 2 rebounds, 1 block

Gasol - 3/6 FG 7 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks

My favorite Uncle Ray is the only Celtic to do anything impressive in the first half (13 points). Unfortunately for the Celtics, Kendrick Perkins injured his knee in the beginning of the first quarter and will not return.

Look for Boston to have a better second half (couldn't be any worse I guess), but don't expect the Lakers to give in. However, one thing that might be a problem for L.A. is the fact that Derek Fisher just picked up his fourth foul at the start of the third quarter.

Watch for the Lakers to win from 9-14 points, and for Gasol and Kobe to each put up double digit points and rebounds. Also, the Celtics will probably have a poor 3pt shooting percentage because they will force them and Uncle Ray has been struggling.

Can't wait for game seven, go Lakers!

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008