Caps 14 ends in Canada
By Dan Rodgers
I know, right now you are probably thinking...
Well...I can!
I am a sports fan and have the ability to write about anything I want. Now, to what this post is actually about: The Washington Capitals remarkable 14-game winning streak.
The Caps 14-game streak came within three games of tying the all-time NHL record for longest winning streak; the '92-'93 Pittsburgh Penguins won 17 games in a row. Here are a few fun stats from the Caps streak:
- Never scored less than three goals
- Didn't shut anyone out
- Let up 3+ goals five times
- Averaged 4.86 goals per game
- Gave up 2.36 goals per game
Not to mention, the Caps just lost two in a row...both in Canada, Montreal and Ottawa. Both games they lost 5-6 which only proves my point about the Caps having a weak defense. You might be thinking, the Caps scored five goals though! My response to that is, when you score five goals...you shouldn't be losing. And since I watched the games I can say that the goals didn't seem to be the fault of the goaltender but more so the defense.
Look, I could rant for longer than you might think about this...all I'm trying to say is I'm curious what will happen to the Caps in the playoffs. If they can't score three, four or five goals a game they might not win. So if their offense cools off a bit there might be an upset in the making...
Rodgers That
2 comments:
Too bad it took a 14 game winning streak for you to acknowledge the most successful pro sports team in the area. How about throwing the NHL points leaders a "frickin bone" eh.
scott
I'm sorry that you feel that way. Nice to know you're reading and want to see more on the Caps. My NHL writer has been swamped at school but he is a huge Caps fan and I'll have him get "write" to work.
Thanks for the comment.
Post a Comment