BREESing into Mardi Gras
By Dan Rodgers
The people of Nawlins will be celebrating Mardi Gras a week or so early as they rejoice in the streets because they just won their first Super Bowl in franchise history. Drew Brees was named MVP of the game as he tied a Super Bowl record with 32 completions. He also threw for 288 yards and two touchdowns and no interceptions.
Peyton Manning had one less completion than Brees but 45 more yards. However, he also threw an interception for Tracy Porter that was returned for what was the game clinching touchdown. To the surprise of many, Joe Addai had 135 all-purpose yards but the Colts couldn't seem to convert when necessary.
The turning point in the game, even though it was early, was when the Saints recovered an onside kick to open the second half. That gave them the ball down four instead of the Colts up four with the ball. Brees threw a touchdown to Pierre Thomas and the Saints stole all of the momentum. Peyton Manning looked out of rythym, Dwight Freeney was noticeably a nonfactor besides his one sack, and the receivers were surprisingly dropping passes.
Some might say the Saints won the game and others might say the Colts lost the game...all I know is that I should start going with what I want more than what I think will happen.
I thought: Colts 37 Saints 31
I wanted: Saints 33 Colts 28
It was: Saints 31 Colts 17
Well, all I have left to say is that I couldn't be happier for the Saints and Drew Brees. Personally, I think Brees is better than Tom Brady and he isn't even in the same conversation. Sure, Brady has won three SB's but he also had a stellar defense at the time. Brees just won the big one all by himself. Sure he got the pick-6, but the whole season he led his team and is putting up potentially record setting numbers with good players but nobody special. Brady put up above-average numbers at best until he got Moss and Welker. Not to mention he hasn't won anything since he got them which proves how important his defense was. Wow, didn't realize how much I wrote. Well that is enough on the QB discussion until later.
Rodgers That
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment