Thursday, March 8, 2012

NCAAB Must Love Me

By Dan Rodgers

WOW! Yesterday was awesome and I was fortunate to be on the winning side of two close covers. The Pitt game early and the Toledo game late. I don't have too much time right now, and I will post more in depth later, but I wanted to post this sweetheart teaser I like for the early games.

8-point teaser:

Iowa +9.5 vs. Illinois = I know the only game between these two was an 11-point win for Illinois, but that was in Illinois and this is the conference tournament. Mediocre teams usually get up to play in their conference tournament and that's what makes college basketball so great. This should be a close one down to the wire and I think Iowa wins outright. CORRECT - I was right about the easy cover and outright win...

Wake Forest +12.5 vs. Maryland = This one is simple; they played once during the regular season and that was a six-point Maryland win at home. Both teams suck so this shouldn't be a blowout. INCORRECT - Seriously... why does Maryland have to play their best game of the season when I pick against them?

UConn +15 vs. Syracuse = UConn is so experienced and they had a hell of a comeback yesterday. This is just what they do and I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset right here. They definitely shouldn't get blown out in a game that could decide their NCAA tournament fate. CORRECT - easy money... UConn should have won outright

I gotta run real quick so I just wanted to post that I like Marquette -3 the most during the 7 o'clocks. I will be back on to post about some late games that I like and about the teaser above.

I'll be back with more later!

I'm going to give my squeeze on a few late games. Unfortunately, every time Marquette gets back in the game they fall behind by 10 again. Pathetic game by Jae Crowder...

Toledo +11 vs. Ohio = This line couldn't be more puzzling... Toledo has won three in a row including their first round game against Central Michigan. Ohio has had an excellent season (24-7) but lost their only regular season game against Toledo by four. I just don't see a 15-point turnaround so I'll take my chances and ride the Toledo Rockets. CORRECT - WOW!

Georgia vs. Mississippi State -5 = Even though the Bulldogs (GA) beat the Bulldogs (MS) by two in overtime in their only regular season matchup, Georgia has no chance of making the tournament except for an unlikely conference tournament championship. Mississippi State is still alive and could use a few convincing wins in the conference tourney to pad their resume. INCORRECT - Apparently Miss St doesn't care...

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008