Everyone Loves the Big East Tourney
By Dan Rodgers
I am going to come back to this post and update it a little bit later today. I just wanted to post my pick for the UConn/WVU game.
Connecticut -2 vs. West Virginia = UConn has won their last two games, including a blowout against DePaul yesterday in the first round. Jim Calhoun is back and I think he is the difference. West Virginia just had a solid win at South Florida to end the regular season, but USF struggles offensively. UConn is experienced and they were just in this position last season and I think that gives them a huge advantage. Look for them to get it done again today. CORRECT - are you kidding me? This game was incredibly exciting... even more so because we came out on top!
Expect more later today...
UCLA -12 vs. USC = Southern Cal is a top football program in the nation, but they are in the cellar of the Pac-12 and rarely provide anything cheer-worthy. UCLA has been playing fairly well recently even though they are having an down season. USC constantly gets destroyed and there is no reason to expect anything less tonight. UCLA needs to win the conference tournament if they want to make the NCAA tournament so they should leave it all on the court. CORRECT
South Florida -2 vs. Villanova = Nova is having an extremely disappointing season. Usually, when a team sweeps Nova, it's something to be proud of and put on your NCAA tournament resume, unfortunately for USF, that's not the case this season. The Bulls need to win tonight and possibly in the next round to try to get off the bubble. They are a solid defensive team and are desperate for a win. CORRECT
Central Michigan vs. Toledo -2.5 = The Rockets gave us a scare the other night when they blew a double digit lead. Thankfully, they ended the game on an 8-0 for the easy cover. The Chippewas are terrible this season so Toledo should find similar success tonight. They split during the regular season, but I'm not concerned especially because the conference tournament is in Ohio. CORRECT
NBA
L.A. Lakers -7 @ Washington Wizards = I would be surprised if lightning struck the same place twice. Kobe was off in the beginning of the game last night. He should be fine tonight since he switched back to his original mask, and the Wizards are a team I could've added to the list with Charlotte and Detroit. However, I'm sure the Lakers want to prove last night was a fluke so they shouldn't let up on the gas. Not crazy about this one though. INCORRECT - don't even get me started...
I'm confident that tonight will be better... and if it isn't... I might have to stop picking!
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment