NFL Week 8: Double digits
By Dan Rodgers
Note to self: If you want, look at trends and the opinions of "experts," but always make the final decision for yourself.
OK, now I'll explain that: Double digit underdogs cover the spread more often than not. I tried to find loopholes involving unbeaten and winless teams. Then, the Packers allowed a backdoor cover and the Ravens just flat out sucked. So we're looking into it. I'm coming up with a system similar to that of picking survivor teams. I'll let you know more about it next week because I'm testing it this week since there are so many big spreads.
In case you were wondering, I'm in first place in my
Ind/Ten 8.5 Tennessee has not been playing very well since they lost Kenny Britt, the Colts should keep it within single digits.
Jax/Hou 9.5 The Texans performed as expected last week against the Titans and Jacksonville gave the Ravens everything they had and won't get up for Houston.
Min/Car 3 Carolina is decent and Newton makes plays, they should win at home.
NO 14.5/Stl Ugh, another massive spread... I think we might get a backdoor cover from St. Louis - not a fan of the extra half point.
Ari/Bal 13 The Ravens were so terrible last week that I'm going to give themselves a chance for redemption. They better not mess it up.
Mia/NYG 10 The Giants should destroy Miami. They get Justin Tuck back and Miami won't do much in the cold.
Was/Buf 6 (in Toronto) I think Washington is decent enough to stick with the Bills. Teams have been flat coming off the bye.
Det 3.5/Den I think we're getting value because Denver came back to win and the Lions looked bad against Atlanta. Detroit should get back to work if Stafford plays.
NE 3.5/Pit The Steelers usually don't beat Tom Brady but they should at least keep it within a field goal.
Cle/SF 9 I love this game. I can't see the 49ers not killing Cleveland since San Fran is at home. SURVIVOR (6-1)
Cin 2/Sea Awkward spot for Cincy, coming off a bye and playing in Seattle doesn't bode well for them. Seattle SU
Dal/Phi 3 Philly is on their way to getting back on track and should win a nationally televised game at home.
SD 4/KC The Chiefs always seem to play San Diego tough... should be within a field goal and look for the upset.
Week 1: 7-9 ATS 10-6 SU
Week 2: 10-6 ATS 13-3 SU
Week 3: 11-4-1 ATS 10-6 SU
Week 4: 9-7 ATS 13-3 SU
Week 5: 6-7 ATS 7-6 SU
Week 6: 10-3 ATS 10-3 SU
Week 7: 9-3-1 ATS 10-3 SU
Total: 62-39-2 ATS 73-30 SU
Survivor is pretty easy this week because San Fran is playing well and they are at home against a team that is mediocre at best. Not much else to talk about.
There are six spreads of over a touchdown. That is pretty crazy considering two of those are division games and one is a road team. Everyone talks about the awesome thing that is the NFL, "Any given Sunday." So it's surprising to see so many big lines.
Week 8 bold prediction: The Packers stay undefeated and the Dolphins, Colts and Rams stay defeated? Obviously I'm not feeling creative.
@dhrodgers52
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment