Super Bowl Quickie
By Dan Rodgers
The Super Bowl is about a week away and two of the most storied franchises in NFL history will face off in what looks to be a phenomenal game.
The Steelers survived a second half comeback by the New York Jets and the Packers held off a late surge by the Bears third-string QB.
Pittsburgh has an elite defense and a play-making offense.
Green Bay has an elite offense and a play-making defense.
On paper these teams should provide an excellent Super Bowl. I just hope we get the best out of both teams. Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey has been ruled out for the game per an ESPN source, but I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to play. He has an entire offseason and maybe more to recover and this is the most important game of his career.
I'm not going to say much right now about the game because there is still a week to go, but even though my Jets are out I'm still excited as a football fan for a great game.
Right now I like the Packers (-2.5) because their offense is much better than the Jets and Ravens and both of those teams were able to score on Pitt. GB also has a play-making defense and should be able to capitalize on any Pitt mistakes. They just have to contain Big Ben and make sure he doesn't hurt them outside the pocket.
More on the SB later.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment