Sunday, January 30, 2011

Around the league

By Dan Rodgers

Today was a good day for a sports fan:

  • NHL all-star game, Team Lidstrom 11 Team Staal 10
  • NFL Pro Bowl game, NFC 55 AFC 41
  • St. John's 93 Duke 78
  • Heat 108 Thunder 103
  • Celtics 109 Lakers 96
As you can tell (above), there were a ton of points (or goals) scored today. I don't really have much to say about the NHL game because I think the captains drafting their teams is a complete joke and the league not taking the game seriously.

I thought the AFC was gonna win the Pro Bowl but it's a game where the players just go through the motions and have fun. St. John's shocked me and the rest of the world by completely owning Duke the entire game. The Big East is ridiculous.

The Heat edged the Thunder is a great game. Kevin Durant looked great as usual but it wasn't enough to get past Wade/LeBron/Bosh.

Kobe is amazingly normal I guess. 16-29 for 42 points. However, he was basically the only offense for the Lakers as Pierce, Allen, Rondo and Garnett were all in double figures for the Celts.

THIS JUST IN:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=310130019

Go to that site and look at Gilbert Arenas' line. He DNP (Did Not Play) for his apparent 'Left Knee CONFUSION'.

They will probably change this as soon as they notice, but I love when things like this get messed up. It's probably from a semester in a news editing class.

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008