Turkey Day football!
By Dan Rodgers
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving, and it's full of food, family and football. The first game is actually already underway: Pats (-6.5) at Lions. The Lions currently lead 7.3 on a touchdown pass to Calvin Johnson (no surprise).
The Pats just punted back to Detroit. The Lions defense has looked very good since the first drive when they gave up the field goal. Surprisingly, there has been a ton of punts already in a game that I thought would be full of points. Don't get me wrong, it's still early, but I figured the over/under would get blown out of the water (51 points).
I picked New England in the book, mainly because they are the safe choice and everyone else did as well so I can't lose any ground. Obviously I'll be rooting hard for Detroit, and the Lions actually play very well at home. They are 2-2, with both losses by three points each to the Jets and Eagles.
The next game on is at 4:15, the Saints travel to Dallas to take on a recently tough Cowboys team. Dallas is 2-0 since Jason Garrett has taken over the head coaching job. The Saints have looked good as of late and should be able to beat Dallas handily. I like New Orleans to cover the 3.5 point spread.
The late game is between the Cincinnati Bengals and my New York Jets. The Jets host a Thanksgiving game for the first time that I can remember and come into the game tied for the best record in the NFL (8-2). The Jets are nine point favorites and look to make a statement by winning a game before the final 30 seconds. Cincy is terrible this year (2-8), and absolutely sucked in the second half last week against Buffalo getting outscored 42-3.
I have been thinking about the Bengals covering this one because the Jets have been playing close games recently, but after reading some articles I am beginning to believe this has massive blowout potential written all over it. The one thing I am worried about is that we play the Pats Monday night in New England next week. It's the biggest game of the year so this could be considered a 'look ahead' or 'breather' alert. However, hosting the Thanksgiving game tonight should negate that.
Jets will win by 20 plus.
Note: Lions ball, four minutes left in third, tied at 24.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment