NFL Week 12: Games to watch
By Dan Rodgers
Okay, so my girlfriend was in town for Thanksgiving weekend and she just left so I didn't have time to do the post before the early set of games. However, the only one I would have included would be Green Bay at Atlanta and since it's early I'll still include it. Just so you know, there are quite a bit of good games this week so I'll be writing about four today.
Game 1
Green Bay at Atlanta - This is a NFC Championship preview. These two teams are the cream of the crop in the NFC and this game is going to play a huge factor in home field advantage/seeding. If Atlanta wins: commanding lead and just about a lock for the one seed. If Green Bay wins: holds tie-breaker over Atlanta and will have the same record. As for the game, Atlanta is clearly the safe pick because Matt Ryan has only lost one career game at home. I think this could be number two. Green Bay has a high-powered offense and a play-making defense, a combination (other than Saints?) that the Falcons haven't really seen this season. Look for a one possession game down until the end.
My Prediction: Green Bay (+2) 23 Atlanta 20
Game 2
Tampa Bay at Baltimore - This game is between a young, over-achieving team against an older, more experienced team. Clearly no one expected the Bucs to be 7-3 with a serious chance at the playoffs. The Ravens are tied with the Steelers for the lead in the division and currently hold the tie-breaker. I think this will be a close, low-scoring game. The Ravens should be able to pull it out because they are at home. Not much else to say about this; I would be surprised to see a sloppy game full of turnovers.
My Prediction: Tampa Bay (+7.5) 13 Baltimore 17
Game 3
Philly at Chicago - This is another game that will play a large roll in determining the NFC playoff picture. Both teams are 7-3 and have a slim lead in their division. I think Philly is just too good and Michael Vick is just playing too well for the Bears to stop him. IF they do, you can bet that Julius Peppers will play a large roll in it. I am curious to see what they do to try to contain Vick because it might a good idea to just spy him the entire game. Look for DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin to make some big plays deep.
My Prediction: Philly (-3.5) 27 Chicago 20
Game 4
San Diego at Indianapolis - This is the Sunday night game and is more important than usual for both teams. Jacksonville is tied with Indy for the division, has the tie-breaker and is currently ahead of the Giants. San Diego is 5-5 and needs a win to stay pace with Oakland and KC. They have also been hot and I like them to upset the Colts and put both teams at 6-5. Looks for Rivers to tear up the Indy secondary. The Colts will have to put up a ton of points to stick with the Chargers and I think the SD defense will be able to make a play.
My Prediction: San Diego (+3) 37 Indianapolis 28
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment