Tuesday, October 26, 2010

World Series Preview

By Dan Rodgers

To start, I just want to say that this Series could be the greatest pitching duel of my generation: Cliff Lee, C.J. Wilson and Colby Lewis vs. Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain and Jonathan Sanchez

It is basically, old veterans who worked hard to get there vs. young studs taking over...

I'll come out and say it right now, I like to Giants to win the series and it is not because the Yanks lost to Texas.

I think the Giants pitching staff as a whole is a lot better than the Rangers, and I'll take a veteran closer in Brian Wilson over a rookie (Neftali Feliz) any day.

The pitching will probably determine the series because the over/under for the entire thing is probably about 13 because of the pitching. Lee will probably take game one because while Lincecum has been really good, Lee has been unstoppable. The guy had pinpoint control and absolutely wicked movement on his pitches.

Cain and Sanchez, I believe, are better than Wilson and Lewis. The Giants have had timely hitting and somehow have scored enough to win games. Five of the Giants post season wins have come when scoring three runs or less. The Rangers have yet to win a game when scoring that little.

Different players have risen to the top for San Fran, as Cody Ross caught fire against Philly pitching and had a great NLCS. Aubrey Huff is playing like he is in his 20s again, and "small ball" is proving to be a winning style of play.

I don't feel like talking too much about Texas, but I will praise their relentless and aggressive playing style. They run as much as they can, and Josh Hamilton can hit the crap out of the ball. Let it be known, if you walk him, Vlad and Cruz can also kill the ball.

Elvis Andrus will make a name for himself as one of the top young shortstops in the MLB in the World Series. Watch out for this kid.

Giants in 6 - MVP Matt Cain

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008