NFL Week 6: Games to watch
By Dan Rodgers
So we have reached week six, which means: Big Ben is back, Favre is injured, and we have some do-or-die games...
Game 1
Ravens at Pats - I will thoroughly enjoy watching this game because if all goes well, the Pats will fall to 3-2. I understand they are at home, but the loss of Randy Moss combined with a weak defense should be enough for a loss. The Ravens have been playing fairly well, nothing super impressive, but enough to win the game. Boldin and Heap should have nice days against the Pats defense and that will likely open up some holes for Ray Rice. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats were able to sneak away with the win at home, but in order to do that Brady will most likely have to have a big day. It is not unheard of, as others have semi-exploited the Ravens secondary, but he will need some time in the pocket against their vicious pass rush.
My Prediction: Ravens (+2.5) 24 Pats 20
Game 2
Falcons at Eagles - This game isn't as intriguing as it should have been because if Vick was playing it would be interesting to see his reception in Atlanta. However, he isn't playing, so you can take away the emotional aspect of the game. Due to that, Atlanta should take care of business. Philly has been decent, but Kolb hasn't developed that chemistry with his receivers yet to really take advantage of the ATL secondary. Don't be surprised if speedsters DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin grab a couple deep balls though. I still like Atlanta to take care of business on the road.
My Prediction: Falcons (+2.5) 27 Eagles 21
Game 3 after I get some lunch...
Game 3
Cowboys at Vikes - This game is labeled "You lose, your season's over." Basically, these two 1-3 teams face off in a 2009 playoff rematch. The loser will have a 5 % chance of making the post-season. I believe it's been six years since a 1-4 team has made the playoffs. I think that 1-4 team will be the Vikings. While they showed signs of life against the Jets, Favre is hurt and Big D has something more to prove. Look for a convincing win by Dallas as they look to turn their season around.
My Prediction: Cowboys (+2) 34 Vikes 24
Enjoy the week six action!
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment