Special K dominates, Yanks blast O's
By Dan Rodgers
My Tuesday night was fairly eventful. My girlfriend and I decided to attend our second Yanks vs. Orioles game in a week, this one at Camden Yards. Of course she forgot the camera so I took a couple pictures with my phone...nothing special. Whoever said Yankees fans aren't nice was dead wrong. My girl and I were standing in line to buy the eight dollar cheap seats when some guy motioned for me to come over to him. Kind of sketchy right? Well, he had two seats he wanted to give away to me. Fine with me considering
they retailed for sixty bucks each and we were going to spend eight bucks on our tickets. They were beautiful and under cover, just in case.
Granderson, Swisher, and Teixeira all homered for the Yanks; Adam Jones hit a two-run homer for the O's. Granderson's bomb was a grand slam, an extremely exciting moment in the game... for Yanks fans. O's fans had had enough and most of them left the game early, but the Baltimore team did show some fight scoring two runs in the eighth and two more in the ninth.
In other news, Stephen Strasburg showed absolutely dominance in his MLB debut against the Pittsburgh Pirates. I know he gave up a two-run homer, but he also struck out 14 and walked a magical zero in seven innings of work. He is the first pitcher in MLB history to strike out 11 or more batters and walk none in their debut. That's pretty impressive considering the sport is over 100 years old. He finished his appearance retiring the previous 10 batters he faced, striking out the last seven. The Nationals did him right and scored five runs and Strasburg was credited with the win, as Matt Capps closed it out for the Nats and now has a MLB-leading 19 saves.
There isn't much else to say about Strasburg besides the fact that his next opponent, the Cleveland Indians, have already sold the most tickets to that game then any other this season. Enough said.
Oh, I also heard that there is restaurant in D.C. that now has the "Strasburger". So if you're in the area you should check it out...I know I'm going to.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment