Monday, April 5, 2010

An open letter to Donovan McNabb

Dear Mr. McNabb,

I’m sorry. On behalf of all Eagles fans everywhere, I’m so, so sorry. I know you’ve been booed since your selection as the number 2 pick in 1999 to play for the city of brotherly love. That you were never surrounded with enough talent to play to your ultimate potential, and that when you finally were given those weapons it was your first Superbowl appearance. And I know that it’s awful to finally have so many new weapons in Brent Celek, DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy, and Jeremy Maclin. That being traded to play from Andy Reid, who doesn’t know that a run game exists, to Mike Shanahan, the man who basically invented the greatest running scheme known to modern NFL, must feel like heaven for your not-even-close to weary 33 year old frame. So how do you feel, Mr. McNabb? You’re being put in the middle of another offense that will ask too much of you, with Santana Moss and Chris Cooley to serve as your new Robin and Batgirl. Your net worth to the franchise that you brought to the NFC Championship Game 5 times and one Superbowl? A second round draft pick. Sure, you could be worth another pick next year. But ultimately you were just told, as the face of the franchise, that your worth is a backup middle linebacker. Ouch man. On a better note, you muscled your way to being in the same division. I hope you make the Eagles front office remember that you were the best player in Eagles history for a reason.

Best of luck, you’ll be missed,

-Dr. Jekyll.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008