Monday, April 12, 2010

Holmes to the Jets?

By Dan Rodgers

Okay, now this is definitely a confusing one on me. It has been reported that the Jets have traded a fifth round pick in this year's NFL Draft to the Pittsburgh Steelers in return for troubled receiver Santonio Holmes. Holmes, a former Super Bowl MVP, has great talent but has had some run-ins with the law. He has tested positive for marijuana, and was also accused for throwing a glass at a woman's head at a night club.

Personally, a former Super Bowl MVP for a fifth round pick is an absolute steal. Holmes, I believe, is already suspended for the first four games of the season due to violating the susbstance abuse policy. If Holmes doesn't go to prison for whatever reason and puts up good numbers this is a phenomenal trade for New York. On the other hand, Pittsburgh is just cutting their losses and getting whatever they can? I don't know. What I do know, is that this is a chance I would be willing to take.

The Jets now have a ridiculously talented receiving corps in Jerricho Cotchery, Braylon Edwards, and Holmes. Cotchery is the only one without off-the-field issues and he is now probably going to be put in the slot. Mark Sanchez now has plenty of targets to throw to including Dustin Keller. Don't expect outrageous numbers though because Sanchez is still only a second year player with a second year head coach. I would definitely expect some sort of improvement though. Gotta love Gang Green.

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008