Another big name WR on the move
By Dan Rodgers
For the second consecutive summer the Denver Broncos have traded away one of their best players. They shipped WR Brandon Marshall to the Miami Dolphins for a second-round pick in this years draft and next years draft. Are you kidding me? Marshall is worth so much and the Broncos nearly gave him away for two good OLBs? Two second round picks for one of the best receivers in the game. He is only 26 by the way! Ah!
I am clearly unhappy because I think Marshall is an absolute monster and now he is playing for, pending a physical, a division rival of mine. Once again, Revis to the rescue...hopefully. I can only hope that Marshall gets lost on Revis Island like the other top receivers in the game. That doesn't change the fact that he is a game changer and someone who you have to plan around.
The reason I don't like this move, from an unbiased standpoint, is because Miami is not a big passing team. They have shown they can be successful with a short/middle passing game and an extremely effective running game.
We will see what happens but now Revis' schedule, along with the Jets, just got a whole lot more difficult. Marshall is expected to sign one of the most lucrative wide receiver contracts in NFL history. Check back later for any updates.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment