Saturday, April 3, 2010

Final Four Preview

By Dan Rodgers

Game One:

(5)Butler vs. (5) Michigan State

This game is probably the lesser of the two...in terms of people being interested. However, this is a very intriguing match-up in my mind. Butler is probably the hottest team in the tournament having won 24 games in a row. Michigan State lost their best player in Kalin Lucas, but seem to just squeak by their opponents. They have only won one of their games by more than one possession: one took place on a game winning shot and won involved the other team missing a chance to tie the game.

Even though the spread right now is Butler by a point, but I think if they won it would be an upset. I think they will win, even though I have great respect for Tom Izzo and the Spartans. This will defnitely be another close game. It could go either way, but I just don't see how Butler can lose being on such a hot streak. Look for Matt Howard to have another huge game.

Butler 73 Mich St 69

Game Two:

(2) West Virginia vs. (1) Duke

Well, I personally am amazed because I thought Duke was clearly the worst one seed in the tournament. They are clearly playing well though. However, I think besides Butler, West Virginia may be the next hottest team having won the Big East tournament to earn their two seed. Losing their starting point guard didn't seem to phase them during their convincing win over the Kentucky Wildcats. If West Virginia is going to get their shot at whoever wins the early game, Devin Ebanks will have to have a great game.

Duke's last loss was exactly one month ago to ACC rival Maryland. That loss only seems to have motivated them because they haven't lost since. Brian Zoubek has been playing out of his mind and Nolan Smith is hoping match his late father and win the NCAA championship. I think Smith will have to have a career game in order to get past the defensive minded Mountaineers. Duke is favored by three points and I like WVU to at least push that spread if not pull the upset.

WVU 71 Duke 65

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008