Fantasy Baseball
By Dan Rodgers
So, I know it's bad that I haven't written in a while. Just a heads up, this is going to be me venting about the fantasy baseball league I am about to take part in.
The league is through Yahoo, which is just about normal and how I did it when I was younger. The reason I prefer other sports, fantasy football, instead of baseball is because most sites require you to change your lineup everyday. That can get very irritating and annoying, but it has to be done if you want to win.
The league I am in also has a waiver wire. Personally, I think that there might be nothing stupider in sports than waivers. But, I didn't make the league so it's not up to me.
Okay, down to the draft: The last time I participated in fantasy baseball I drafted Jose Reyes number won overall and I won the championship. Clearly, he is not going to be drafted in the same spot. Most people are looking at Albert Pujols, Alex Rodriguez, Hanley Ramierez and Chase Utley. Those four players are pretty much the top four in every draft. Let's just do a review of each player and then I would appreciate your opinion on players to take, sleepers, etc.
Pujols: Pending injury ~.330 avg 30+ homers 100+ RBI ~100 runs how could it get any better?
A-Rod: ~.300 avg 30+ homers 100+ RBI ~100 runs...like Big Albert minus the avg?
Hanley: ~.325 avg 20+ homers ~85 RBI <100 runs 25-50 stolen bases...great all around player
Utley: ~.300 avg 25+ homers ~100 RBI <100 runs...another good all around player?
Let me know what you think, and any other players you might recommend taking...I'll come back with an update that will include my team on Sunday night...
Rodgers That
2 comments:
Can you add your own players in a yahoo league? I played in one a bunch of years ago(back when it was called rotisseie(sp) baseball, that allowed you to add players. We all added each other and drafted "us" with our last pick. Thats the way to go!
Rotisserie baseball is much different from what I'm doing. I'm in a head-to-head league. You play a different team each week and whoever wins the most categories (runs, strikeouts, wins, saves etc) wins the week.
Rotisserie ranks each team based on how well their team does in a category. Whoever is the overall best wins. This type lasts the entire year.
Head-to-head is similar to fantasy football. Except in baseball, you have to win various statistics and whoever wins the most gets the win.
Post a Comment