Sunday, December 27, 2009

Keep the champagne flowing

By Dan Rodgers

Champagne is popping in South Florida because the '72 Dolphins are still the only team in NFL history to finish the regular and post-season undefeated (17-0).

Believe it or not the New York Jets defeated the previously unbeaten Indianapolis Colts. Now, obviously I am very happy about this because, being a Jets fan, it's nice to control our own destiny next week. So, I am just waiting to listen to the tons of Colts fans complain about them pulling starters, this being a cheap win for the Jets etc etc. It doesn't matter. I'll tell you why: The Colts have done the same thing in previous years, a win is a win, the Jets were sticking with them before Manning was pulled and no one will care when the Colts win the Super Bowl.

I don't know why everyone is complaining. I mean I guess the Broncos, Texans and Steelers have the right to be upset. They are the only ones that might be getting screwed since the Jets have the tie-breaker of those three clubs. It doesn't make sense for Colts nation to be upset because they are still the number one seed, a damn good team, clinched home-field throughout and so on. Why does it matter so much to go undefeated? Is it pride or ego or what?

Someone answer me that...


A fun stat: The past two seasons the Jets beat the last unbeaten team in the NFL.
2008 - NYJ: 34 TEN: 13
2009 - NYJ: 29 IND: 15

Look for a follow up story involving playoff scenerios and such.

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008