NFL Week 9: The Down and The Dirty
By Dan Rodgers
I am aware that I just wrote back-to-back pieces about the MLB Gold Gloves Awards, but this is my weekly piece and I want it to be down every Wednesday. Well, at least when I started it was still Wednesday.
NFL Week Nine
This award was tough to hand out to one player in the beginning. After analyzing the stats and looking a bit deeper into everything it became clear that Matthew Stafford came out on top (or bottom depending how you look at it). Even though he threw two touchdowns and Orton didn’t throw a single one.
Honorable Mentions:
QB Kyle Orton (DEN) – 23 of 38 for 221 yards and 3 INTs
QB Joe Flacco (BAL) – 18 of 32 for 195 yards and 2 INTs
RB Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG) – 14 for 39 yards
WR Ted Ginn, Jr. (MIA) – 1 for 7 yards
"The Dirty"
Kurt Warner, last weeks biggest loser, completely dominated the Chicago Bears supposedly respectable defense. Warner only completed 22 of 32 passes for a measly 261 yards. So you might be asking how he won the award this week? Well, his five touchdown passes certainly sealed the deal for me. That’s right, a week after his five interceptions, Warner showed that at 37 years-old he still has some juice left in the tank. I don’t think there is any discrepancy to be had over Warner. I mean Fitz had a crazy good game, but of course that was because of Warner. Randy Moss and Mike Sims-Walker put up impressive stats but they were identical so just one of them couldn’t win it. Lastly, Michael Turner put up over 150 yards for the second consecutive week but was slightly over showed in my book.
Honorable Mentions:
WR Larry Fitzgerald (AZ) – 9 for 123 yards and 2 TDs
WR Randy Moss (NE) – 6 for 147 yards and 1 TD
WR Mike Sims-Walker (JAX) – 6 for 147 yards and 1 TD
RB Michael Turner (ATL) – 18 for 166 yards and 2 TDs
If anyone thinks I missed a player that deserves to be recognized on either list please let me know.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment