Internship Week 1: The Baltimore Sun
By Dan Rodgers
Yes, I have another internship and that means you can expect more posts about my time spent there.
Over the summer I am interning at the sports desk at The Baltimore Sun. I will be at the copy desk, editing stories/pages and working on other things on the page. I'll try to include links to anything of note that I do during my time there.
I was there three days during my first week and learned a great deal about how the newsroom functions. I was thrown right into the fire my first night with the opportunity to help write headlines. My second and third night there I edited pages and stories. I was also put in charge of, for the most part, updating the scoreboard. It is a small portion within the section usually including scores, schedules and standings for "second-tier" sports, such as: WNBA, horse-racing, MLS, MLL, etc.
I may or may not get the opportunity to write a story, but I have enjoyed the time I've spent on the copy desk. There is a lot to learn and unfortunately not too much time.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment