CBS Radio Internship Day 2
By Dan Rodgers
Today was my second day on the job, er internship. I got into the action during The Mark Viviano Show. I answered phones and screened calls during the show while Stacey Brown did the usual stuff producing, running the board and doing sports updates.
Nothing too crazy about screening calls, however, Stacey did give me a few tips:
- Filled me in on the regular callers
- What to tell people if you can't hear them
- How to take care of prize callers
At the end of the show, Mark announced that caller five would receive two tickets to the Monster Jam. That was probably the craziest part of the day. Stacey waited for the third caller and then picked them up and took down their information. I then proceeded pick up the eight other phone lines and tell people that we already had a winner. It was amazing how many people kept calling in, even a few minutes after the rush was gone.
After the show, Stacey and I went back to her office and she showed me how to post the two edited audio clips onto the 105.7 The Fan website. We posted the two podcasts and then I left for the day.
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment