Opening Night: Vikes @ Saints
By Daniel Rodgers
Okay folks, the time has finally arrived! Opening night of the NFL season minutes from going underway and I couldn't be more excited. I have a few more days to wait until my Jets play the opening MNF game, but I just love football in general.
Spread: Saints -5.5 Over/Under: 48.5
The Saints are opening the 2010 NFL season at home against the Minnesota Vikings. Since the Super Bowl champs started consistently hosting the opening game in 2004, they haven't lost. I don't think New Orleans will break that trend.
Vikes: A lot of people are saying that the Viking defense is going to bring some payback for the beating that Brett Favre took during the NFC Championship game. I don't think too much wil
l happen outside of the ordinary. In terms of the offense, don't be surprised to see a lot of Adrian Peterson. This means you could expect a lot of fumbles, we'll have to wait and see if AP made the necessary adjustments.
Nawlins: The Saints are coming off of the first Super Bowl in franchise history. They have a high-flying offense and a big-play defense. Their offense is compiled of Brees, and he just makes everyone better. There is no one special, Colston is a damn good receiver and they have other talented players. Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas, Robert Meachem are nothing to brag about but Brees' ability increases their value. The same goes with their defense. Jon Vilma and Will Smith are good players but it's the big play they make that changes games. They don't shut teams down, they just force turnovers when necessary.
I like the Saints to repeat what they did in the NFC Championship game, just with a bit more authority. Look for the Saints to try to strip the ball like they did last season. The game will be a big test for AP. The Saints should cover the spread, but I think the over/under will be close because the odds maker people are good at their job.
My Prediction: Saints 30 Vikings 23
Saints -5.5 Over 48.5
Rodgers That
0 comments:
Post a Comment