Friday, September 17, 2010

Fantasy Football, crazy first week

By Dan Rodgers

So, I never told you how my primary fantasy team did in week one. It was a controversial, yet victorious start for my bunch.

As you probably know, Matt Schaub didn't play too much a factor in the Texans game. He only got me about eight points, however, Texans starting RB Arian Foster racked up over 230 rushing yards and three touchdowns. By the way, that was over 50 points sitting on my bench (I know, shoot me now? just wait...)

Jay Cutler did exactly what I expected by throwing for just over 370 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. My bench quarterback, Josh Freeman, did get 20 points, so I have to feel good about that.

Rashard Mendenhall also had about 20 points because of a 50-yard game-winning touchdown run in overtime, but hey, I'll take whatever I can get. I already told you Foster was on my bench, as was Shonn Green and C.J. Spiller (thank gosh). That means that Reggie Bush was starting. I know what you're thinking, but he was projected to do well, and he is a great receiving threat (whatever).

My receivers played like crap considering Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and Devin Hester combined for only 18.8 points. I had Hakeem Nicks on my bench (27.5 points), but it's because I have Cutler starting and I wanted the combo. Cutler threw for a ton of yards like I said, but never threw to Hester.

Tightends, Jason Witten and Greg Olsen, had a combined 7.9 points. Cooley was on the bench because of Olsen, but once again, Cutler didn't throw to him!

Mason Crosby was a huge factor with two FGs over 40 yards and three extra points.

49ers defense was pathetic as they got destroyed by a pedestrian Seahawks offense, and Jets defense is what won it for me (1 INT, 10 points, 2 recoveries, 2 sacks).

The final score was: Me - 120.6 Opponent - 120.2

I snuck away with this one, as he had Jahvid Best and Steve Breaston on his bench. Next week I will have to look deeper into my matchups and take some advice from the "experts". Hopefully, it won't be so close.

Please make any suggestions about my team, players to add/drop, or players to start etc...

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008