Saturday, August 7, 2010

Matt Wieters...the future

By Dan Rodgers

Today I was lucky enough to work another autograph signing for CBS Radio. My buddy Chris and I made our way out to Columbia for the event featuring Baltimore Orioles Catcher Matt Wieters.

Since I also worked the Joe Flacco signing, it was interesting to see the difference between the two. For one, it actually seemed as if Wieters drew a much larger crowd and people got back in line after getting one autograph. People definitely didn't do that for Flacco.

Personally, I was happy to see such a large crowd for Wieters; it kind of gave me renewed hope that baseball isn't dying off like many think so. There were a lot of kids there that seemed really excited to meet Matt so that bodes well for the Orioles fanbase. Of course, the old-time fans were there, wanting to finally meet what many think is the Orioles future.

The representatives from the Orioles seemed fairly adament at getting Wieters out of there as soon as possible and to the stadium for the game tonight. (White Sox 4 Orioles 2) However, Matt appeared to be a really nice guy, and was wearing a wedding ring. Many of the girls seemed fairly upset, but I don't know if he is actually married or just wears the ring to not get heckled by countless women.

Anyway, I've got to work in the morning, but once again another fun event for CBS Radio... hopefully they keep 'em coming...

Mixfest 2010 August 22 at Pier 6...

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008