Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hey Joe, an autograph?

By Dan Rodgers

Today I worked an event for CBS in which I got to meet Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco because it was an autograph signing.

He is definitely in the six foot five inch height range; the guy was towering over me when I shook his hand (not the strongest handshake for a guy who can throw the ball eighty-some yards).

He was nice enough to stay past the allotted time and sign everyone's gear even though he didn't have to. He seemed like a really nice guy, but I could kind of tell he wasn't so used to the spotlight.

That, of course, isn't a bad thing at all. It's good to be humble when you're really talented at something. The only thing I regret is not befriending him faster and getting some season tickets!

Next time I meet a player I'll do a better time at trying to get a quote or something. However, I did overhear something along the lines of "This is the best Ravens team we've had since I've been here." Take from that what you will.

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Scott said...

Was this a free signing, or one that people paid to be at? Flacco's auto is quite valuable in this market.

Dan Rodgers said...

It was a free signing. People got in line and the first 60 were guaranteed autographs but Joe stayed until everyone in line got one.

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008