Monday, March 15, 2010

This Week's Down and Dirty

By Dan Rodgers

Okay, I know it's a day late...but better late than never

Week 3:

The Down

Washington Nationals - Grapefruit League

Sure, the first thing you think to yourself has to do with it being spring training and these games being pointless. I couldn't agree more. However, I just wanted to make it known that the Nats have yet to win a spring training game. Yes that is correct; they are currently 0-10. This being in a league before the season starts in which "never-was's" are the primary competitors. Even I hope that they can pull it together and have a decent season. Good luck.

The Dirty


San Francisco Giants - Cactus League

By now, it wouldn't surprise me if you stopped reading because this is pretty much a post about spring training baseball. Well, I chose the Giants because they are in first place in the Cactus League, and the National League as well. Don't be surprised if this group of young players pulls together and has a season similar to the Rays a few years back. They certainly have pitching talent with Matt Cain and Tim Lincecum, so we will see if they can compete with the rest of the division come regular season time.

Rodgers That

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008