Friday, December 11, 2009

TNF is becoming a joke

By Dan Rodgers

In case some of you football fans are unaware of the Thursday night games so far this season, it is as if the NFL took some of the worst games each week and decided to put them on NFL Network. The level of competition in these games has been remarkably pathetic and at times I regret my purchase of the NFL Network.

The games have been absolutely pathetic; some have been just awful games between two subpar teams and others have just been bad football. The first game was one of the worst; week 10 the 49ers beat the Bears 10-6. Not to mention the fact that Jay Cutler threw five interceptions. The following week Miami edged Carolina 24-17 so you think it would be a good game. Besides the fact that the teams were bleh, it was just an ugly game of football to watch. The following week was Thanksgiving so you assume there has got to be some good football on television, right? Wrong, because the Lions are always on. They lost by three possessions to the Packers, the Cowboys embarrassed the Raiders, and the Broncos showed that the Giants are a mediocre team in their 26-6 win over the G-men.

After a disappointing holiday weekend, I got to watch my Jets on television and even though I thoroughly enjoyed their win over Buffalo, I can honestly say it was just bad football. To top it all off the defending Super Bowl champs, who had lost four in a row, were embarrassed in a 13-6 loss in Cleveland. I mean let's be honest, no one wants to watch the 49ers, Browns, Bills, Lions, or Raiders.

I can only ask myself one question here...why aren't the Vikings, Saints, Colts, etc on TNF?

Just so you know, the games the rest of the way are:

Week 15: Indy @ Jax
Week 16: Bolts @ Titans

Both of these are at least watchable games and could turn into interesting contests, but that surely doesn't make up for the games earlier in the year. Hopefully next year the NFL will do a better job creating the schedule.

Rodgers That


Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008