Mission Statement
Welcome to Down 'N Dirty Sports. This site will consist purely of the sports that matter [to me] in these United States, with probably some sort of coverage of the Olympics etc.
The reason I started this blog is to hopefully make a name for myself; however, I am willing to take an improvement of my writing skills and web design talent as well.
I am a Mass Communications major and Electronic Media and Film minor in college and it was also recommended by my journalism professor that I start a blog. She encouraged that it would be a good way to hopefully get my name out there to someone and develop a following along the way. Due to the always evolving state of media, it definitely can't hurt to start a blog when some people are able to get their big break due to a blog. Newspapers are currently headed in a downward trend, so getting experience in other forms of media could prove to be extremely beneficial.
Please be aware:
- I have other people that will also be writing posts on the site; however, I am the Editor in Chief and assume responsibility for everything that is posted. Please let me know if you have any concerns.
- There will not necessarily be a post everyday and I will not guarantee any amount of posts per week due to possible extenuating circumstances. I will guarantee that myself and the other writers will do our best to post as often as possible.
- There will be weekly segments done by myself and other writers.
- There will be opinion posts, but when necessary we will try to be unbiased.
- We will try to keep this site as appropriate for young readers as possible, but don't assume anything.
- The photos that we use on our site are taken from ESPN.com. We have yet to encounter an issue using their photos and appreciate it. Some of the photos will be taken directly by us, but that will be on the rare occasion that we are able to attend an event that we write about.
- We greatly appreciate our followers/readers/fans and encourage you to spread the word about us to help us out.
- We encourage commenting on posts and speaking your mind just as we may be doing as well. We always welcome constructive criticism.
Thanks,
The Down 'N Dirty Guys
0 comments:
Post a Comment